Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Cabinets

Sink View

Refrigerator/Pantry/Bar
I came home tonight to find the cabinets mostly installed. It felt so totally surreal to actually have furniture back in there. What I have thought about for so many years has finally started to come to fruition. Hard to take it all in.
They are lovely, though I did have a few  surprises. There were a couple of cabinets that I thought I was getting that I didn't. I've figured out how to adapt around them, I think. I was relieved to hear that another turntable was supposed to go in the upper wedge-shaped cabinet. Currently, there is nothing in it, which makes for a lot of wasted, awkward-shaped space! Overall, it will take me a while to fill all that space up. I'm terribly excited about that! 
Stove side

The granite folks will be out in the morning to template the counter tops. Installation is set for 12/23. They are squeaking it in! I think that as long as my appliances are hooked up and I have a working sink, I can deal with any minor details that might overlap after Christmas.  :)

I purchased the TV and mounting bracket today that will go on the wall above the bar (see photo above). I think the only thing left to buy are the under-cabinet lights. We're getting there...



No comments:

Post a Comment