Friday, December 24, 2010

Almost Done

 The countertops were installed as scheduled (actually a few hours earlier... Thank you, Cutting Edge!). They are gorgeous! Brian and crew came back and installed my sink fixtures and placed the appliances. Of course, nothing ever goes without a hitch. The refrigerator opening had to be enlarged an inch at the top (not a big deal), and the microwave didn't quite fit into the opening intended for it (a bigger deal to fix).

The granite is gorgeous. It's greener than I thought it would be, but I like it really well. I've never particularly been drawn to green, so that's a bit of a surprise. The backsplash will be copper slate, with a few accents of irridescent glass tiles. I'm looking forward to seeing the personality that will bring, though I'll miss losing that lovely wallpaper border NOT!.

Brian said there were only a couple more days of work left, which is surprising as it seems there are a lot of little details to do. Bob is going redo the bar, narrowing it so that I can get a stool under the ledge. Since that was supposed to be mainly cookbook storage anyway, it will actually be better to not be quite so deep. Olivia seems to think that's her special spot.
Olivia has already made herself at home.


It's Christmas Eve and I got what I asked for (or at least the revised request): a functional sink and working appliances!

No comments:

Post a Comment