Tuesday, March 12, 2019

2018 Downstairs Bath Remodel

The powder room off the kitchen has been in need of a major overhaul since the first day I moved into this house. With the possibility of moving looming, I finally had the work done in 2018.
I hated to lose that lovely linoleum!
Not really, it was long past its prime

Jeremy Yates of Sure Flow plumbing did the plumbing work (new toilet, fixtures on the sink), as well as some replacement of pipes in the basement.

New tile installed
Randy O'Kain did all the finish work. He also installed some floor transition strips that weren't done as part of the kitchen remodel.
When Randy pulled up the linoleum, he found some remnants of a tile floor that had been laid as some time previously. I always thought that the man who lived here before me had created this bathroom out of a closet, but I think it must have been here originally.  The new tile was a porcelain that looked like slate. I liked how it turned out.
The old wallpaper was stripped and wall
prepared for paint.  
New wall color applied.


Finished product. 
The toilet was turned at an angle to make it a bit more comfortable. Moving the sewer stack was not really feasible without some major renovation, so this was a better solution than previously, where the toilet was facing the wall, making sitting down a bit of challenge.

No comments:

Post a Comment