Saturday, January 8, 2011

It is Done! (kinda)

I walked in last night after work to a finished room. The guys worked frantically, I could tell, to get all the details done. They had cleaned up all the construction trash--my garage hasn't been that tidy in a very long time!

It's almost surreal. After needing and wanting to remodel for so many years, it's hard to believe it's finally done. I am very pleased with the outcome.

There are a couple of details still to be done. They forgot to hook up the water to my refrigerator. I have to return the microwave because it wobbles and I still need some kind of shelving in the upper corner cabinet.

I've spent most of today getting unpacked. In spite of all the extra space, it's still been a bit of a production figuring out the best place to put things. I think there really isn't a good way to store small appliances to where they are really handy. I also seem to have an inordinate supply of tea towels. And, I've still got to figure out how to organize the spice cabinet. All in good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment